Last week, we started out by catching Leanne up on what we had accomplished the previous week. Since we've had several absences (including mine today) it's been interesting how the process of explaining our ideas to each other when they return has actually allowed us to consolidate them. Monday, we also wrote dialogue for the third scene, the fight between Leanne and Eleanor.
On Tuesday, we did a run-through of sorts. We got through the first three scenes, and spent time working on transitions, polishing lines in the script, and making sure the blocking made sense. It wasn't a true run-through since we did each scene a couple times back to back, but this method allowed us to simultaneously allow it to flow but also to critqique and improve elements immediately. Once we had a scene more where we wanted, we would move on to the next. We didn't get to the ending, which still needs a lot fo development, and which will be one of our focuses this week.
On Thursday, Karsten and Eleanor were gone, so Lia and Leanne and I focused on writing. We finished scripted dialogue and blocking for the second scene, and Lia and I discussed her motivations that govern her actions there. We've found that often simplicity is best, and one thing that she and I have talked about several times is how to make sure the audience will understand what is happening. Sometimes the ideas I have are a little complicated, and she is good about reminding me that we need to make sure the audience will follow. They don't have all the backstory; it's all in how we present it.